Another great recipe that is good for you, and great tasting. This delicious dish is loaded with vegetables, skinless chicken breasts, and is great served over rice. This dish is a lower fat, lower salt, one-dish meal. Voila!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 medium chicken breast halves, skinned, and fat removed, boned, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 zucchini, about 7″ long, unpeeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and cut into 1″ cubes
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can (16 oz.) whole tomatoes, cut up
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- black pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet. Add chicken and saute about 3 minutes, or until lightly browned.
2. Add zucchini, eggplant, onion, green pepper, and mushrooms. Cook about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add tomatoes, garlic, basil, parsley, and pepper; stir and continue cooking about 5 minutes, or until chicken is tender and cooked through.
Yield: 4 servings–Serving Size: 1-1/2 cup
|Fat: 8.2 g|